Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Peace Corps Partnership Program

As many of you may know, I am currently back in the US of A. Though the majority of my time has been spent giving and receiving life updates, eating, drinking, shopping, and catching up on pop culture, there have been a few moments where I have done work. Principally, this has been in the form of sharing the story of the Escuteiros de Alto Molocue with friends, family, Troop 67, and pretty much anyone else who would listen. Beyond the intrinsic value of talking about something that I am proud to have been a part of, it has also been my hope to raise money for my new troop's camping expenditures. To that end, I have been working on a Peace Corps Partnership Plan over the past few months that would allow anyone to make a tax deductible donation. After a long wait and technical issues, my project has finally been posted on the Peace Corps website at https://donate.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=13-640-004.

Once our funding goals have been met, the money will be sent to my Mozambican bank account and used to purchase tents, backpacks, and other pieces of camping equipment for the scouts. Like with all PCPP, this money will only cover 75% of the cost to run our first camping trip. The other 25% will come in the form of community donations of material, land, and labor ensuring that they are invested in the project. Since the cost of this project is relatively low, I hope to be able to announce the accomplishment of our funding goals very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment