Thursday, January 3, 2013

Visit to Americaland, by the Numbers

21 days in Americaland
19 gifts distributed, didn't bring nearly enough
17 miles (approx) driven in one of two manual Volkswagen Passats
15 candles lit for Hanukkah (7th and 8th nights)
13 bowls of cereal with milk
12 Homeland Season 2 episodes watched
8 nights slept in my own bed
7 airports between there and back
6 movies seen in theaters (Argo, The Hobbit, Skyfall, Les Miserable, the Intouchables, Zero Dark Thirty)
Bar-Harris' with our matching capulanas from my host family
6 days spent in Boston
5 PCVs and RPCVs met
5 trips to the one and only NYC
4 Burritos (both authentic and inspired)
3 Towne Deli Subs
2 Pizza Deliveries, yay laziness
2 Thai Food meals
2 Japanese Food meals
2 Chinese Food meals
2 mini snow storms, I love snow!!
2 "Mt Baldy to Mt Rupi: The Scouts of Alto Molocue" presentations
1 amazing way to recharge my batteries and refocus for a sure to be phenomenal second year!
-------------------------------Update------------------------------------------
While I was on  the plane to Belgium I met 3 more PCVs (seated to the left, right, and behind me). Once I was in Brussels, I saw one more movie in theaters (Life of Pi) and ate two delicious Belgian food meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment