Friday, November 9, 2012

Snow Men Jokes

Jennea and Victor with their personal
Alto Molocue tour guide
So it's been almost a month since my last post, mostly because of an insane amount of travel and a seemingly unending stream of visitors. First, I had a several day trip to to Quelimane with the exclusive purpose of coming back with a fridge (great success!!). After enjoying my cold water and home made pickles for a few days, I then embarked on a 4 days of overland travel to Xai Xai for the 2 day Science Fair handover meeting, then 3 days of  travel back. After maybe 24 hours of relaxation at home, Steph from nearby Nawela arrived in preparation for our Moz 19 site visitors. Once they had arrived, I endeavored to show my 2 visitors everything Alto Molocue has to offer in 3 days. Needless to say, I haven't had much time for blog posts.

But do you know what I have I had time for? Starring off into the distance blankly, eating greasy travel food, getting sexually aroused by memories of air travel and high speed trains, and making up bilingual snow-men jokes.

Yay cold everything!!!!
Predictably, a snow-man joke is a joke involving snow men, women or babies. Some of them are lame (what is a snow-man's favorite breakfast cereal? frosted flakes), some are clever (what did one snow-man say to the other snow-man? smells like carrots), and some are sexual (what is the difference between snow men and snow women? snow-balls). But in my opinion the best ones take advantage of similarly sounding words in different languages. In my case, Portuguese:
  • What is a snow man's favorite desert? Gelo
  • How often do snow people brush their teeth? Neve
  • How much do you pay a snow-hooker? Nothing, they're frio
If you think of any others, Portuguese or otherwise, please let me know. I promise to laugh out loud embarrassingly once I read them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I've been getting alot of thumbs up and back pats since the election. Politics aside, it's great for American's living abroad when our nation continues to elect diverse and dynamic presidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment